IPL 2009 : I can't start hitting from first ball: Dhoni

12:42 PM Posted by Elite

Chennai captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said he is not the kind of batsman who start slogging from the word go. Dhoni scored his fifty in the tournament and contributed in his team's win over Deccan Chargers Monday night.

"I was struggling when I was coming down the order. I can't start hitting from the very first ball. So I promoted myself up the order, but the credit goes to the openers who gave us a good start. Deccan Chargers rely a lot on Gibbs and Gilchrist. We needed to take early wickets and capitalized on that.''

Dhoni though was not happy with the fielding of his team, who dropped many a catches and missed run out chances too. "We need to work on fielding. It's important in a low scoring match and batsman are doing, bowlers can do better," Dhoni said.

Gilchrist admitted that after losing three early wickets they had lost hopes of win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here